Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Mild Resentment

 As I sit in the darkened room

I let the madness seep in

Like the cold on a winter’s night

What there ever was of me is lost

Consumed by the turgid spaces of my pain ravaged mind


I drift off slowly receding into the misty distance

The vestiges of my spirit have wandered too far

For this profound sadness to produce tears.

They were left behind long ago

With my sanity and measured reason


The loss of emotional nuance

Leaves me vacillating between

The dull vacuum of apathy to

A sudden all consuming rage


Tethered to the outside world

Only by those who shelter me in their warmth

And pull me back to shore

A listless refuse.


I so want to return to the murky depths

But I cannot fight the pain in their eyes

I gasp for renewed breath

With mild resentment

No comments:

Post a Comment